Okay, in the interest of clearing up some misconceptions of what makes something hot or not hot, let me offer up some guidance.
Hot: What doesn’t qualify
- Saying someone or something rules. This isn’t the type of commentary ICN is about. Save it for TVHeads or TVSpy’s watercooler.
- Someone saying something or doing something you don’t agree with for political reasons which otherwise wouldn’t be an issue for you. Leave ideology out of the process. If what happened was outrageous regardless of whatever the ideology, that’s different.
Hot: What does qualify
- Someone doing something or saying something which reflects either positively or negatively on their network to the point that it’s the talk of the internet (but not for ideological reasons).
- A big event.
- A channel doing something new or interesting during the week.
- A big announcement by a network like a talent move or show announcement.
- A major story in the press.
Not Hot: What doesn’t qualify